Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Jack-o-lantern Cheese Sandwiches and Caramel Apples

Jack-o-lantern Face Cheese Sandwiches
As something fun to do, I made these sandwiches for the children's lunch. I cut the bread with a round bread/pastry cutter I got years ago from Pampered Chef. I put the mayonnaise on the piece of bread that I didn't cut the face out on.

On the other piece of bread, I used a sharp knife and carefully free-handed the jack-o-lantern face. I then placed a slice of round cut American cheese in the middle. I used a piece of the bread crust at the top for the pumpkin stalk. I popped them in the microwave for 12 seconds to lightly the melt the cheese. I didn't do a very good job, but the kids were "amazed" and pleased.


For dessert, we put caramels in a bowl and melted them in the microwave and dipped/drizzed over the apples. We then set them on wax paper to cool.



Try them in the crock pot.

Ingredients:
28 ounces caramel candies, unwrapped
1/4 cup water
8 medium apples
8 wooden sticks

Directions:
Combine caramels and water in crockpot. Cover; cook on high for 1 1/2 hr, stirring frequently.

Wash and dry apples. Insert wooden stick in the stem of each apple. Reduce crockpot to low. Dip each apple in to the caramel, turning to coat. Let excess caramel drip off; place apple on waxed paper to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment