Sunday, October 10, 2010

Apples


It's apple season and there's so many wonderful recipes and things you can do with apples both in the crock pot and the microwave. If you haven't already, check last year's apple butter post HERE


I opened a jar of apple butter this morning that I made in November last year. It was wonderful! The flavor was richer and naturally sweeter.

When I made the apple butter last year, I opened a jar about 3 weeks later and it had some light mold on the edge of the inside of the jar. It tasted okay and we ate it but I was concerned about long term storage. I stored it in a cool room and the jar I opened this morning was perfect.

The apple festivals are everywhere this time of year. It's fall! Get out and get some apples and have some fun. Find what you like to eat that's made from apples and make some!

No comments:

Post a Comment