Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Potpourri in the Crock Pot

My house smelled so good! I saved fruit peelings for a week just to make this. I put them in a zip lock feezer bag and kept them in the refrigerator.

I placed the ingredients on the stove, on high, in a large pot and brought the mixture to a boil before transferring to the crock pot.


The reason this picture looks cloudy is because of the steam that the boiling pot was putting off and producing an amazing aroma.

Ingredients:

Grapefruit peel
Orange Peel
Cucumber Peel

Lemon Peel
Apple Peel
4 cinnamon Sticks
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnonmon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves or 4 whole cloves

I added a little sprinkle of ginger and nutmeg, but it's not necessary.


I have a couple of little liquid potpouri pots (the old-fashioned kind that has a tea light under it). I ladled out a little of mixture and placed in those 2 little pots and placed them in different rooms in the house. The whole house smelled incredible!

I divided the ingredients into 4 parts and put them into freezer bags. Now I can take them out of the freezer and use them later.

Give it a try. It's easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment