Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Dieting Between Holidays? Me Too!

Well, it's not exactly dieting...just trying to maintain. You know, when I was younger, I never needed to do this!

Low Cal Cabbage Pot

1/2 lb ground beef or sausage
2 cans beef broth
3 fresh cut tomatoes or 1 jar home canned tomatoes
1 head of cabbage
1/2 of an onion
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
1/2 teaspoon marjoram
1/4 teaspoon curry powder


Brown the ground beef and put into the crock pot. Add all other ingredients and cook on low for 8 hours. If  you are not dieting or maintaining (or for the rest of family), serve with corn muffins.

2 comments:

  1. You have one head of lettuce, do you mean cabbage, the picture looks like cabbage.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I absolutely meant cabbage. Thank you so much! I am correcting it now. I don't really think anyone would use lettuce though. Would they? Yuk!

    ReplyDelete