Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hot Dogs!


When I first decided to try this, I was sure nobody had ever done it before. So, I went on my search (Yahoo and Google search, of course) and found that I was wrong. I don't think there are any original recipe ideas left! So even though this is NOT uncharted territory, the crock pot is a really great way to cook hot dogs. I started with about 8 and it worked great! I've read where other people have cooked a lot more. But the thing is . . . it has great potential! When you cook them, they turn brown and get kind of "toasty" where they touch the crockery, giving a roasted effect. They turn out very plump and juicy like they do in those machines they use at ball games and carnivals.


It would be great to pile them in a crock pot, as many as you can get, and have them "self serve" at a birthday party or football party. I'd like to have an additional crock pot full of chili and a bowl of cole slaw and hot dog buns and shredded cheese, pickles and jalapenos and chips or oven baked fries.


Don't add water. Just pile them in and cook them on high for about an hour or so, or on low for a couple of hours. Then put them on warm. It's way too easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment