Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Quick Lemon-Garlic Chicken

This really is crazy! I am on day 17 of my diet and I've lost 12 pounds. My husband doesn't want anything to do with my food. He wants "real" food.

I decided to cook the chicken the way I needed it cooked and I was going to serve him the leftover rice and green beans and corn in the refrigerator. For me it was a serving of microwave cabbage with just a dab of water, sprinkled with chicken bouillon and Molly McButter.

I set the oven to broil and lined a pan with foil and placed the "thinly" sliced chicken breast (3.5 oz for me) on it. I squeezed some fresh lemon juice over the chicken and very lightly sprinkled it with Truvia. I did that to ease the bitter lemon taste. I topped that off with a sprinkling of garlic salt and a little black pepper.

My husband went back for seconds and he said, "I really like the chicken like this. What did you do to it?" He just stared blankly at me when I told him, but he ate the seconds anyway. You see, he WILL NOT eat anything with any sweetener except sugar. He says he hates it! Ha! I guess that just tells you how natural Stevia/Truvia tastes. He can tell with any other other sweetener that it's not sugar. These days, I'm only using Truvia and Agave Nectar.

You know, when you are the only one dieting, meals can be inconvenient to say the least. It's so much easier when you can cook the same thing for everybody! I think I'll work a little harder to make the meals work for all of us. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment